Wednesday 29 December 2010

PLEASE READ - Fanfic: Twilight Saga C2

CHAPTER TWO:
EPOV
She just fainted, i made her faint! What if i hurt her? I need to go back i have to go back! I came to a halt. The forest was spinning around me, i didn’t know how long i had been running for. I was panting unnecessarily, i wasn’t out of breath, i don’t even breathe for god’s sake. It was just an automatic reaction after running at school. An attempt to make me look at least partially human. I turned on my heel and headed back towards school. I didn’t know why i was so attracted to her. She smelt like heaven, i could hear the blood pumping round her body, never in my life have i wanted someone’s blood as much as i did in that moment.
I reached school in time to see her sat on the floor with a girl knelt in front of her. They had found her, i felt my stomach unknot in relief. Should i go a talk to her? No, i can’t do that, i’ve given her permission now the ball is in her court. She can do with it what she wishes. Oh but god i hope she figures things out, this feeling is becoming slowly unbearable.  I waited in the corridor in hope i would see her at least, try and convey what she was thinking; after all i couldn’t hear her thoughts.

She came out of the classroom looking upset. I presumed she had hurt her. I don’t know how, i caught her before she fell and sat her upright against the wall. Maybe i held her too tight. This worry was excruciating. I leant on the locker next to me to support myself. In her hand i could see the note i had written moments before. She has it, I smiled when i could hear heartbeat speed up as she read it. Her dark brown eyes looked up, directly at me. “Edward” She whispered my name, it sent a tingle down my spine, and my throat began to burn. I was hungry and needed to hunt. I walked out of the school after handing my forged note to Jane. As soon as i was a good distance from the school i picked up my pace, arriving at my house within seconds. I could hear my family’s thoughts going berserk. Rosalie’s especially. I took my time to compose myself and prepare for what was about to happened before lowering the handle and stepping into the room.
“WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?” Rosalie attacked me as soon as i entered.
“Rose – leave him alone he’s not going to hurt her! I’ve seen it” Alice walked over to me and put a comforting arm on my shoulder.
“That’s not the point, She is going to dig and keep digging until she figures it out Edward. Then what? Did you think about that when you selfishly acted upon your lust for the girl? Your actions have consequence for all of us!” Rosalie was pacing nervously up and down. I saw Emmet in the distance sat on the sofa looking completely relaxed. This was a quality about him i adored; he never took things so serious, he was optimistic. I’m sorry Ed, i tried to calm her down but she just keeps going off on one, thinks you’re gonna kill that chick. I could hear Emmet’s thoughts which were directed to me. Jasper entered the room and the mood immediately calmed down. Esme and Carlisle were close to follow.
“Its okay Emmet” I said aloud to reply, he couldn’t hear my thoughts that was just a gift I possessed. The same way Alice could see the future subject to what decision a person makes. Jasper can change the mood and emotions of people around him, he can also feel all the emotion we feel now.
“Its okay! Oh please you have got to be joking? Emmet are you siding with Edward here? You know he is wrong!” Rosalie was still annoyed but she had succumbed to Jaspers power.
“Will everyone just calm down and let Edward speak” Carlisle’s authoritive but comforting tone filled the room and everyone fell silent. “Edward, what made you do this?” I didn’t know how to respond. My actions were rash and i knew it, but there is just something about her i couldn’t resist.
“I don’t know” I mumbled, it was all i could say.
“He doesn’t know. Great. Your telling me you have risked the secrecy of this entire family and you don’t know why” Rosalie was right up in my face and i heard a growl forming in her chest.
“She has some sort of hold over me. One that i have never felt before, not in my entire existence. I feel as if she is why im still here?”
“Oh please you don’t even know the girl. Its just lust. You have been torturing yourself for too long, find yourself a vampire girl to entertain you” Rosalie was mocking me, a part of me understood why, but her reaction annoyed me.
“Do you feel as though you need this Bella in your life Edward?” Carlisle was the most understanding person i know, so i knew he would co-operate with me.
“Yes” I answered truly, feeling relieved i had finally admitted it.
“Carlisle i have seen Edward with Bella in my visions. He isn’t going to hurt her. Or at least not tonight.” Alice was on my side, she knew what i was feeling. Probably from Jasper telling her, or from what she had seen in her visions, i wasn’t sure.
“Tonight?” Jasper challenged Alice in hope she would shed some light on her declaration.
“Yes Edward was going over tonight to talk things through with her, get to know her a little bit more before he gives anything away” Alice replied, looking at him as if this was a piece of information he had already known.
“Gives anything away! Edward you breathe a word to that girl about any of us and so help me god i will rip you to pieces and burn you myself” She was inches from my face again.
“Im going to her house tonight whether you like it or not. You have Emmet, this is who i am choosing to spend my eternity with” I yelled in her face, unable to contain my anger any longer.
“Y-e-a-h, Edward is getting some tonight” I heard Emmet chant in the background after high-fiving Jasper. Alice giggle but Rosalie turned on the spot and shot Emmet a glare before exiting the room. “Aww babe come on i was only joking!” He followed her out and the tension in the room calmed down straight away.
“On that note Edward, i must warn you of the dangers of being physically and emotionally active with a human its –“Carlisle said in his serious-doctor-tone.
“Carlisle, i haven’t even had a decent conversation with the girl yet” i looked at him with a playful grin. “But speak of danger, I’m going to go hunting; is anyone going to join me?”
“We went at lunch” Alice answered “Have fun”
I nodded in her direction and turned for the door. I hesitated with my hand on the doorknob at the sound of Esme’s soothing thoughts. Edward, don’t make any rash decisions, at least not tonight, think things through, this is a big choice. With that i opened the door and dashed towards the forest, happy to be out of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment